Thursday, June 2, 2011

A few updates and some GREEN cleaning!

Yea, I suck, i need to finish writing part 2 of our SF trip! Sorry :(

There is so much going on in my life right now...we just got back from our yearly camping trip (Hubby and I met on a camping trip 6 years ago...and we've been together ever since)...and I went to Buffalo to watch a really good friend of mine graduate from College (Buffalo University). Both trips were lots of fun, but at the same time, extremely exhausting.

Buffalo was my first trip without Hubby since we've been married...and i missed him terribly :'( I'm not opposed to separate trips, i believe it's healthy for every relationship...and we both trust each other so much, that it's just a nice time of "missing" each other...but...i missed him so much. Every time i do something fun...i think "If hubs were here, he'd really like this ______". I guess, he's really is my other half. :)

I've been running around, doing things around the house too...like planting and sprucing up the yard in prep for the summer...and we finally finished our Dog run...which has been such a great blessing. Bailey can stay outside for hours (NY is finally getting warmer)...and since it's a shaded area...he doesn't even bark to come in. He LOVES being outside...i just make sure to put down plenty of water...and he's content.

We went camping for Memorial Day...and we had a blast. We went with a few (7 in total) really close friends...and it reminds me how simple life can be. We had such great conversations around the campfire every night...and we stayed near New Paltz (if you don't know where New Paltz is, it's upstate NY...and it's such a cute HIPPIE town...adorable...full of antique shops/thrift shops/used book stores/record stores..etc. They even had a store full of tie dye shirts...so now you KNOW it's a hippie town. We browsed all the stores...and it was a nice day of window shopping! I got a few knick knacks...and we also stopped at some flea markets/garage sales they had near the campground. All in all it was a great trip!

On another note, I've been trying to slowly "GO GREEN" the past few months. Ever since i started blogging, I've been purchasing cleaning supplies that aren't harmful to inhale (although, i still haven't found anything as good as my Lysol toilet cleaner). I've been using lots of vinegar and baking soda around the house. This morning, I added another cool GREEN recipe for carpet fresh...since this is something I'm always purchasing because of BAILEY!...I found it on Me and My Pink Mixer. It's really simple, and i have everything on hand at home...so I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. All you need is baking soda and a few drops of essential oil.  I have a few different scents of essential oil, since I've been mixing it with my vinegar around the house...so my home doesn't smell like a tossed salad! LOL.  I like that she put it in a  glass Parmesan cheese shaker from the Dollar Store....SUPER CUTE!!!

Do any of you have any home made remedies/recipes for GREEN cleaning products?? Have any of you tried out this carpet fresh yet? Let me know what you think!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment