Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Dinner!

It's really nice when my husband compliments me on my cooking. I love making him happy...and FULL. You know that saying, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? Well, it really does have some truth to it! I love watching him lick his fingers and say... "babe, can i have some more?" ...OF COURSE YOU CAN!! =)
I made Sunday dinner (yesterday)...and let me tell you, it was a "Hit"...and I'm not TOOTING my own horn or anything...it really was finger licking, delicious.

Sunday Dinner Menu at the "Coles":
My famous Arugula salad (recipe to follow), Penne Alla vodka with Chicken (YUMS!!), Chocolate cake with my FAVORITE Chocolate Butter cream!! (Double YUMS!!!!!!).

I've honestly come to LOVE this salad. My brother in law-who is a meat and potatoes kind of guy-was asking for 3rds on this last night! It was a HUGE HIT! He even wanted to take some home!! =) It makes me happy when, not only my husband, but guest enjoy my food...even when it's something that is this EASY---where NO cooking, baking, or even measuring, is required! ;-)

All the while i was preparing this, i kept saying "I should take some pics to put on my blog"...but...my hands were full...so i couldn't quite snap a pic. I've googled all the pics for you to actually see what they look like.

I got everything at Trader Joe's...which, may i add...is my FAVORITE (Yes, I've said FAVORITE about 3 million times-and I'll probably say it another 6 million more before this blog post is over) place to shop, EVER!!

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with baby Arugula, and if you're not...RUN...do not WALK...RUUUUN...as fast as you can to the nearest Trader Joes, and pick up a bag. I promise, you won't be disappointed. My husband is a picky "salad" eater...and HE LOVES IT!!

So, without further ado here is my famous salad (i tried this
 salad at a restaurant once, and went home and googled the recipe):

Arugula Salad with Pears and Gorgonzola

Ingredients:

1 bag of baby Arugula (I always buy the TJ's brand-it comes fresh in a bag- and i think it's called "Rocket Arugula"-which is usually the short, smaller leaf)

-1 cup (roughly-remember-NO MEASURING---so put as much or as little as you want---either way, it doesn't ruin the salad) of Candied Pecans (You can substitute for walnuts, and you can find it in the Nuts aisle of TJ's)

-1/2 cup (roughly) of TJ's crumbled Gorgonzola
2-bosc pears sliced (these are the brown pears, you can find them in any supermarket/fruit store/Trader Joe's). They are amazingly sweet, juicy, and DELICIOUS!

1 bottle of Trader Joe's Raspberry Vinaigrette (I don't usually pre-mix dressing in my salads, i think dressing is very personal---so i put it on the table for people to add as much/little as they'd like)

and VoilĂ !...the MOST AMAZING Salad...ever made!!!!!! It's sweet, tangy, bitter, and SALTY! The flavors are just...amazing! I promise, your salad will be a HIT at any dinner...and it's easy peasy! You just mix and serve!





3 comments:

  1. I am not a salad girl by any means but this does sound good so maybe, just maybe, i'll try it ;)

    ReplyDelete