Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DMV blues.


So, I’ve decided that Friday (THIS FRIDAY)...I am going to actually take the dreaded trip to the DMV and get my address/name change!!
I've been putting this off for some time now (I’ve been married almost 6 MONTHS!!)...BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THE DMV...and especially the one in my area...it's probably the worst place in the world. No seriously...I’d rather PAY someone to go there for me!

Unfortunately...you can't pay someone to CHANGE YOUR NAME---and they don't offer this service on their website either!!! If only things were THAT easy, right? (Hey, maybe that would be a good business proposal, a DMV correspondent?!)

Another reason why I absolutely have to go, is because my registration is up in May...so I guess, we can kill 3 birds with 1 stone. We need to hand in our old plates for new ones- and did I mention that NY State has issued NEW license plates!!??!!!  AND-they are HIDEOUS!!!!

this is the old plate:
and the new:

Aren't they awful? I mean, seriously...I love mustard and navy, but on a license plate? Really?  GROSS!! Although, it does look a little vintage...and I like vintage!! LOL.

Here is the dilemma:
I’m actually a little torn. I haven't really put much thought into this...but, am i going to hyphenate my last name? I'm actually a little torn here. All my life, I’ve hated my last name...and now, I have the chance to actually ERASE it...and start over, with a NEW, NORMAL SOUNDING last name...and I’m actually having second thoughts =(  Should I stay, or should I go?

Did any of you feel torn when changing your last name? Any thoughts? I could really use some advice girls! :) 

To hyphenate, or not to hyphenate: THAT IS THE QUESTION!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's the new plate!? I don't know why but it reminds me of Michigan... weird.

    Good luck at the DMV. I feel your pain. I have to go and update my address on my license which I should have done... oh... well I feel even that is illegal for me to say [ha!].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Those new plates are terrible.
    I beleive you're able to go on the dmv website to change your mailing address...but you would need to go INTO the dmv to order a new license. Hope that helps...and hope you can avoid the black hoe, called the DMV!

    ReplyDelete