Monday, April 25, 2011

Happiness.


I have to do something about this. I'm gaining weight...and i don't like it!  I know it was Easter Weekend, and Obviously...I'm a little bloated (since Aunt Flow should be arriving ANY DAY NOW!)...with all the salt in the ham, macaroni salad, mashed potatoes, etc etc!...BUT!, I'm just not where I want to be...I'm feeling, self conscious about it...and i hate it.

So, I'm going to do something about it.
Last Thursday I decided to get up at 5AM and take Bailey for a walk. I don't live far from my Mom, so i walked all the way to her house (about 20 minute walk) and walked all the way back. It was great!! I actually felt amazing! I even met some of the neighbors!!  They Loved Bailey...because he's always so happy to see people!  When i got home, I was like "SO, WHAT NOW!?! It's ONLY 6AM"!  I just felt accomplished. And I still had an hour and a half to get ready for work-which is more than enough time for me to get ready since i live about 8 minutes away from my job. Obviously, It had to rain the next 3 days, and yesterday was of course Easter...and this morning (due to my sister in law living about an hour away, and us having to drop hubs Mom off---and us not getting home till almost 11, and having to WALK the dogs in the rain!) I'm back to my SLUGGISH SELF.

I need motivation! I'm going to do this. I'm going to actually DO THIS. I even got a pair of headphones that i'm going to use so i can listen to music while walking (at TJ MAXX for only 7.99)...hoping that this really sticks. And, i'm going to STICK to a weekly meal plan! I keep saying I am...but then, i feel like...i fall off again...and it's back to getting take out!  But, i'm hoping with the nicer weather approaching, i will actually be able to do it!  And, Did i ever mention how much i LOOOOVE bbq food? I looove when my hubby grills! It's obviously less work for me in the kitchen, but i really do love eating food that has been burnt a little. I love chicken on the grill, and i love veggies on the grill too (zucchini is my fav!). YUM.
I've decided i'm going to be walking 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday---the days i work) for 1 hour. And i'm going to keep track of what I eat, and use this blog to post it. I'm also going to be posting how much money i'm spending, because i need to go on a Money diet (budget) as well. 
I've been following Linday's blog about her "HAPPY PLAN"...and i've been really intrigued to do something like this. I really love reading about her weekly UPDATES...and i totally stole borrowed her idea!  Although i'm not having trouble with TTC (which, is something that i feel i might have an issue with in my future-but more about that later), I feel like my weight has really caused me to get in some sort of SLUMP (is that even a word?). I used to always blow dry my hair, and get my eyebrows done (bi-weekly), and keep up with weekly manicures, and just basic keep up with MYSELF. I've noticed though, when i gain weight, i start to kind of "loose" myself. I get so disgusted with how i look, that i just feel like, ONE MORE THING wont change how i look, so WHY DO IT?!  I'm going to change this...starting TODAY! (I really wanted to write TOMORROW-but that's just it, I alway say TOMORROW, and TOMORROW never comes!). This really hasn't put a bend on Mr. Cole and My relationship, since he's really into his school work and work the past few weeks...but it's taking a toll on Me, physically and emotionally.  I don't feel attractive! I just feel...BLLLLLAH!

So here it is...(well, here is Lindsay's breakdown of the HAPPY PLAN): 1. Exercize 2. Eat better 3. Pamper myself 4. Read More!! (something i NEED to do!) 5. Get dressed daily (I definitely DO this, however...i'm not dressing to impress like i used to...i'm just DRESSING to get out of the house. So this is a MAJOR one for me...I want to just be able to run into anyone, and not feel self conscious about myself. 6. Avoid the negative! (For sure!!) 7. Have someone keep me focused! (Which is always My hubby-since he's always such a positive person, i know this is a no-brainer!)

I've decided to omit the last one, since like i said, at this moment, we're not TTC...but possibly one day in the future.  So I've decided to add this one instead, since it fits my current life: 8. Budget my money wisely!  I'm really hoping this helps me get through this FUNK...because like i said, i'm just NOT MYSELF...

If any of you have not checked out Lindsay's Blog, please do. I really enjoy reading her updates weekly...and i am so happy that i found someone that was able to inspire me to get myself out of this hole i've dug myself in.  Thanks again Lindsay for being my inspiration!! ;)



6 comments:

  1. I have been feeling like this for quite some time. After trying a whole bunch of different things including the atkins diet and even some P90X I just had to accept the fact that you just have to count your calories, plan your whole menu one week at a time, write EVERYTHING down, avoid eating out and get a bit more active. I have been spending every Sat planning out my whole week's menu (i have cut 1000 calories out of what i eat everyday), going shopping for all fresh ingredients on Sun and doing about 30min walks everyday (not lately with all the rain). I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks and feel more organized then ever! BRING ON THE SUMMER BBQ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I can't believe you lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks! That's amazing!!! I agree, i have to watch my calorie intake! That is definitely key!! ;)
    I am meal planning as we speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, way to go!
    That is a cute card btw!

    Aron
    www.babymine.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are making great choices! I am good about working out, but I don't eat well because we're so busy. So I downloaded a calorie counter app and I'm doing much better. I'm hoping it helps me shed some pounds and get healthier. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you being proactive about it. I know how you feel. Since getting married, I have had some "marriage pounds" creep in - it's not a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aron, thanks for the comment!! Cute website!!

    Kim: i've dl the app too, which one are you using? I have a droid, so i'm using myfitnesspal. I really love it so far...it's like weight watchers, on my phone!! :)

    Dionne: Marriage pounds is an understatement!! :( Definitely not a good feeling...and i'm hoping since the weather is getting nice....i'll be a bit more active!! ;)

    ReplyDelete